I wrote the last time that we are creature of habit. And, that we cherish our opinions. All of that is true, however, if we want to fully participate in our life, in order to allow what is next for us, we have to let go of the old. Letting go doesn’t mean denying our past. What it does mean, is to let it be what it is – the past. It’s part of what made us who we are. But, we can’t let it influence what is going on for us now.
There are chapters in all lives. At one point we are doing one thing and when that is finished we will be doing something else.
I think of my life –
1) Started out as a dancer, classically trained but injuries
2) Worked in theater
3) Designed clothing and accessories.
4) Worked on national tour of musical, “Jacques Brel Is Alive And Well and Living in Paris six months.
5) Studied jewelry making in Boston and Providence, RI and began making fine jewelry
6) Opened two boutiques
7) Got MA in Counseling/Coaching
8) Coached entrepreneurs
9) Developed: Pitch U, training entrepreneurs to pitch to investors
10) Developed What’s The Big Idea? Pitch event
11) Podcast, It’s your Business, 5 years.
12) Author several books
13) Currently, Transformations Podcast, Interviewing People Changing Our World
My reason for laying out the various things I’ve done, is not to say, look at me but to show you how life takes us from one thing to another. And, that this is true for all of us if we take the time to look over our life.
But, more importantly, I am issuing an invitation to you –